The “Revive Time: Kaki Tree Project” starts with people’s keenness to plant the saplings of the bombed tree in their respective places. For the export of the saplings, they have to undergo soil examination twice, sterilization and plant quarantine inspection (for EU countries only), pursuant to the regulations depending on the import quarantine conditions stipulated by the Plant Protection Station, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Japan. The Kaki Tree Project Executive Committee helps you with the quarantine procedures. In case your country requires an import permit, as some countries do, you must obtain the document.
Annual Schedule of the Kaki Tree Project is as follows:
- 30 April
- Deadline for application from abroad (through website and FAX).
- 30 June
- Obtain an import permit.
*Only those countries which require the import permit (U.S.A., Canada, etc.)
- 30 September
- Deadline for application within Japan (through website and FAX).
- Mid October
- Notification of planting and other related material delivered.
- Early – late February
- Arrival of the trees. Plant the tree(s) temporarily in a pot.
- March – April
- Hold the tree planting ceremony.
- By 30 June
- Send photos and videos of the tree planting ceremony and other related material to the “Kaki Tree Project Head Office” in Japan.
Kaki Tree Project Executive Committee
- 31 May
- Applies for soil examination.
- June – July
- The import permit will be sent to the “Kaki Tree Project Head Office” from respective sites.
The first soil examination and sterilization in Nagasaki (by the Plant Protection Station).
- Early October
- Makes a decision on the planting locations in the following year and notification of planting and other related material sent to respective sites.
- The second soil examination and sterilization in Nagasaki (by the Plant Protection Station).
- Late December
- Receives the certificate of the soil examination (issued by the Plant Protection Station and then sent to the Kaki Tree Project Executive Committee).
- Late January
- Plant quarantine inspection and issuance of the phytosanitary certificate (by the Plant Protection Station). Ships the saplings to respective locations.
- Late February
- Sends a message from Masayuki Ebinuma and gifts from the Kaki Tree Project to respective locations.
- By 30 June
- Receives photos and videos of the planting ceremony and other related material from respective sites.